The National Motorsport Academy is part of the NDA Foundation, a Not for Profit Organisation with almost 30 years’ experience delivering flexible qualifications. We are committed to offering flexible, affordable degrees to adults who are not able to attend university due to their other commitments. NMA are proud to offer the World’s first online Motorsport Engineering Degrees, awarded by our Academic Partner Staffordshire University, to help meet the shortage of highly skilled engineers in the motorsport industry.
NMA Graduates will have the latest knowledge and skills demanded by the top motorsport companies and the practical experience that will make them highly sought after in this competitive global industry.
Who should do this course?
- Want to improve your career prospects by becoming a highly qualified motorsport engineer?
- Work or volunteer in motorsport without a degree?
- Work in the automotive sector and would like a career change into motorsport?
- Want a motorsport degree but can’t justify the time/travel and accommodation costs at university?
- Have work or family commitments and need to earn while you learn while studying for your degree?
If you answered YES to any of the above, then the NMA Online BSc (Hons) Motorsport Engineering Degree is the course for you!
Why should you study with NMA?
40% lower fees than other universities – because we are ‘not for profit’
- Eligible for student loans to pay the entire cost of your degree
- Choose your own start date, no term times or semesters, work when it suits you from anywhere in the world
- Mature students welcome
- Earn while you learn
- No travel or accommodation costs
- Study Online & On-track with the NMA GT Race Team
- Free access to state of the art CAD software used by all top manufacturers and F1
The NMA ‘Flexible’ Route to achieve BSc (Hons) in Motorsport Engineering:
- Start with the Foundation Degree (FdSc) Motorsport Engineering – equivalent to the first two years at University.
- Then study for a final year to ‘top-up’ your FdSc to achieve the full BSc (Hons)
- If you already have an FdSc or HND or extensive experience in Motorsport you can apply for direct entry onto the final year BSc (Hons).
This truly ground breaking course allows you to choose your own start date and study at your own pace, anytime, online, around existing family and work commitments.
The BSc (Hons) Degree comprises of the following 11 modules:
- Maths For Motorsport
- Racecar Design & Preparation
- R&D Simulation & Development
- Fundamentals Of Motorsport Technology
- Fluid Mechanics & Thermodynamics
- Engine Design, Development & Simulation
- Vehicle Dynamics, Physics & Data Acquisition
- Work Experience & Research Study
- 9a Advanced Engine Development OR 9b Aerodynamics
- Hybrid & Electric Vehicles
- Final Project (Double Credits)
The course has been designed to be completely flexible and fit around your own schedule. Whilst the majority of NMA students will achieve their BSc (Hons) Degree online in approximately three years, others may take a little longer and a few may take longer still.